|Department:||Billing - Respiratory division|
Specialized Medical Services, Inc. (SMS) is a leading provider of quality oxygen products and consulting services to the long-term care industry. We are dedicated to improving the lives of patients and improving the financial and clinical results of health care organizations. An immediate opening is available for a part-time Billing Clerk to join our team. Hours will be approximately 8-4:30 on the last 4 business days and first 4 business days of each month. This position is located in Milwaukee near US 45 and Silver Spring Drive.
This position will maintain facility billing documentation and provide administrative support to the billing staff. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining oxygen tracking logs from contracted facilities and reviewing for accuracy.
- Accurately preparing all necessary documentation for monthly billing cycle. This includes reviewing the tracking logs and vendor documentation and summarizing it according to the contract. Transferring this information to the Vice President of Billing Operations according to department deadlines.
- Completing oxygen/tank calculations as assigned.
- Participating in a wide variety of special projects and compiling a variety of special reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will have a high school diploma or equivalent and previous office experience. Other requirements include a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, excellent organizational and communication skills, ability to take initiative, problem solve, and work autonomously. 10-key data entry skills preferred. Must be able to work full-time on the last 4 business days and first 4 business days of each month.
This position includes a competitive salary and eligibility to participate in our 401k retirement plan.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to providing a safe working environment. All offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check and negative drug screen.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!