CDL Driver - Champaign IL
|Title:||CDL Driver - Champaign IL|
DescriptionSpecialized Medical Services is a distributor of respiratory therapy products and services to long term care facilities, and home care patients. We are well known in the industry for exceptional respiratory therapy knowledge and outstanding customer service. SMS offers a broad assortment of high-quality, brand-name merchandise to long term care facilities as well as home care patients.
JOB SUMMARY:Provides liquid oxygen and durable medical equipment delivery skilled nursing facilities within a dedicated route.
- Delivers liquid oxygen
- Delivers oxygen equipment
- Answers phone calls and responds to customer requests
- Maintains equipment/product orders via onboard device and Fastrack System
- Maintains FDA and Company required paperwork
- Submits all paperwork on scheduled timeframe
- Maintains delivery vehicle with maintenance issues and cleanliness
- Maintains delivery vehicle inventory
- Maintains storage unit inventory
- Maintains communication with supervisors and customers
- Maintains valid driver’s license
- Participates in Performance Improvement (PI) activities
- Participates, on an ongoing basis, in traditional learning and DMETRAIN® programs
- May be called out for emergency medical needs
- Must be willing to cross train, cover additional routes and fill in when needed
- Additional duties as assigned
COMPETENCY: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Comercial Driver's License with tanker and hazmat endorsement;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficient PC skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc. required;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priority assignments;
- Must have the ability to work at a quick pace and meet deadlines;
- Previous related experience a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- CDL Drivers must maintain commercial driver’s license, tanker/hazmat endorsement and medical card
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of MS Office (including word, excel, access, power point and publisher). Fastrack system, inventory or bar coding/scanning knowledge is a plus.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment and multiple tasks and people. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
This position includes a competitive salary and a full line of health insurance and retirement products.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to providing a safe working environment. All offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check and negative drug screen.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications