Respiratory Therapist - Cleburne TX
|Title:||Respiratory Therapist - Cleburne TX|
Specialized Medical Services is a distributor of respiratory therapy products and services to long term care facilities, and homecare patients. We are well known in the industry for exceptional respiratory therapy knowledge and outstanding customer service. SMS offers a broad assortment of high-quality, brand-name merchandise to long term care facilities as well as home care patients. We are seeking an experienced, high energy, Respiratory Therapist.Job Title:Respiratory Therapist
SUMMARY: Administers respiratory therapy care and life support to patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of cardiopulmonary system, under supervision of Physician and by prescription, by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Reads prescription, measures arterial blood gases, and reviews patient information to assess patient condition and determine requirements for treatment such as type and duration of therapy, and medication and dosages.
- Determines most suitable method of administering inhalants, precautions to be observed, and modifications which may be needed that will be compatible with Physician's orders.
- Sets up and operates devices such as mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems, and aerosol generators.
- Operates equipment to ensure specified parameters of treatment such as volume, gas concentration, humidity, and temperature, and to administer medicinal gases and aerosol drugs to patients.
- Monitors patient's physiological responses to therapy such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes.
- Performs bronchopulmonary drainage and assists patient in performing breathing exercises.
- Performs pulmonary function tests to be used by Physician in diagnosis of case.
- Observes equipment function and adjusts equipment to obtain optimum results to therapy.
- Consults with Physician in event of adverse reactions.
- Maintains patient's chart that contains pertinent identification and therapy information.
- Inspects and tests respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment is functioning safely and efficiently.
- Orders repairs when needed.
- Demonstrates respiratory care procedures to trainees and other health care personnel.
May have to communicate or interact with, assess, or treat SMS customers that may be:
- Adults (18 - 64 years of age)
- Seniors (65 years or greater)
- Participates in Performance Improvement (PI) activities.
- Maintains valid driver’s license
- Works various shifts when needed.
- Participates in Performance Improvement (PI) activities
- Participates, on an ongoing basis, in traditional learning and DMETRAIN® programs
- Participates with 24-hour “on call” rotation schedule, or as designated by Regional Manager
- Must be willing to cross train, cover additional routes and fill in when needed
- Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal - Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting and remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Ethics - Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation and able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: The completion of an approved school for respiratory therapy (CRT, RT or RRT). Registered Respiratory Therapist preferred. Three to Five years experience in a long term care facility, home care or similar.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of computers and use them frequently.CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES: Active State Respiratory Care Practitioner License.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Long Term Care facilities in and surrounding a designated area.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Must be willing and able to travel between multiple facilities.
SMS offers competitive wages, a comprehensive benefit package, paid vacation/sick/holiday time and all tools to be successful (i.e.company vehicle, cell phone and on-board computer).
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications