Warehouse Associate - Houston
|Title:||Warehouse Associate - Houston|
DescriptionSpecialized Medical Services. is a distributor of respiratory therapy products and services to long term care facilities, and homecare patients. We are well known in the industry for exceptional respiratory therapy knowledge and outstanding customer service. SMS offers a broad assortment of high-quality, brand-name medical merchandise to long term care facilities as well as home care patients.
SUMMARY: INVENTORY, PREP EQUIPMENT FOR SHIPMENT AND PROVIDE DELIVERY DRIVER BACK UP.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned. MUST LIVE IN OR AROUND THE HOUSTON AREA.
• Provide excellent customer service to long term care facilities
*Inspects and inventories company's medical and related technical equipment in accordance with manufacturer's specifications
• Inspects and inventories patient/customer's medical equipment in accordance with manufacturer's specifications.
• Safety tests medical equipment and company's structural environment to ensure patient and staff safety from electrical or mechanical hazards.
• May have to assist Delivery Drivers in preparing, loading and unloading trucks/vans.
• May be required to make visits to patient/customer's homes or places of work to repair or service equipment.
• Maintains work area and tools in a clean and orderly manner.
• Participates in Performance Improvement (PI) activities.
• Participates, on an ongoing basis, in traditional learning and DMETRAIN® programs.
COMPETENCY: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
• Cost Consciousness - Conserves organizational resources.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
• Initiative - Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
• Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proven experience with equipment repair, prefer medical device industry experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Proficiency with computers, databases and the like are required.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
No certificates or licenses required.
Work environment will consist of a self-managed warehouse/repair shop.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
SMS is a leader in the respiratory industry. This position includes a competitive salary and a full line of health insurance and retirement products.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to providing a safe working environment. All offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check and negative drug screen.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications