DescriptionESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and Windows Server 2003 and 2008 server administration
- Administer and manage Windows Server 2008 Datacenter nodes running Hyper-V
- Administer and manage Exchange 2010
- SharePoint Services administration
- Aid in monitoring backups
- SAN configuration and administration
- Provide on-going support for user community
- Provide support for on-going projects as needed. This may include PC or tablet set up, imaging and deployment or software roll-outs.
- Create technical documentation for internal IT use
- Project or maintenance tasks may require working nights or weekends
COMPETENCY: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Makes timely decisions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to use sound judgment and discretion
- Ability to understand basic business practices
- Ability to manage high stress
- Ability to prioritize projects and customer requests
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or the like is preferred (or equivalent work experience).
- Experience with Windows Server 2003 and 2008 and Active Directory
- Experience creating, configuring and managing virtual server on Microsoft Hyper-V platform
- Experience with EMC Clariion SAN administration.
- General understanding of Client/Server environment
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Demonstrate analytical approach to problem resolution
- General understanding of Microsoft SQL Database
- Evaluates business needs and translates the solution into a manual and/or automated process
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
SMS offers competitive wages, a comprehensive benefit package, paid vacation/sick/holiday time and all tools to be successful.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications