DescriptionSpecialized Medical Services is a distributor of respiratory therapy products and services to long term care facilities, and home care patients. We are well known in the industry for exceptional respiratory therapy knowledge and outstanding customer service. SMS offers a broad assortment of high-quality, brand-name merchandise to long term care facilities as well as home care patients. We are seeking an experienced, high energy, Logistics Specialist.
SUMMARY: Provides administrative support to the Regional Directors, Field Staff, and office based managers with regards to Fast Track order entry, inventory issues, repair order entry, and RT order entry.
- Processes unconfirmed orders in the Fast Track
- Compiles records regarding field DME, RT Orders, Biomed and Disposable Supply Orders
- Enters DME/RT orders, creates reports and generates billing spreadsheets
- Investigates and resolves inventory or delivery disputes
- Responds to Driver/Manager inquiries
- Generates system reports as needed
- Validates inventory transfers and consumed items (oxygen, supplies, labor) deliveries
- Reconciles previous days entries
- Compiles RT orders and generates billing spreadsheets
- Helps manage companywide physical inventories in Fast Track
- Communicates with appropriate Manager as needed
- Participates in Performance Improvement (PI) activities
- Participates, on an ongoing basis, in traditional learning and DMETRAIN® programs
- Additional duties as assigned
COMPETENCY: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports the organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficient PC skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc. required;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priority assignments;
- Must have the ability to work at a quick pace and meet deadlines;
- Previous related experience a plus.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree a plus, but not required;
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a thorough knowledge of MS Office (including word, excel, access, power point and publisher). Fast Track system or other inventory management systems knowledge is a plus.
SMS offers competitive wages, a comprehensive benefit package, paid vacation/sick/holiday time and all tools to be successful.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications